Sunday, March 3, 2013

Week 19

This week we reviewed and learned more information on centripical force. We revised alot of the things we learned the week before. A very helpful test we did of centripetal force was when a fellow class mate was walking in the middle of the class, and the teacher kept pushing her away from the line she was walking on, just like how a person in a car will be pushed to the side of his car when he's turning. By this week, I understood all the standards and the only thing im having trouble learning how to measure the distance using the formula on the assesment, but I got over it. The physics behind centripical is really to understand, so it was fun learning it. It was also interesting learning it because I take the doors off on my jeep in the summer, and its nice to know what direction im going to fly out of my jeep when I turn. Another standard we learned was the different force needed to keep the object in motion while in centripical motion. Thats why when your in a car going around a track, being in tightest part of track would end up pulling the most G's, as oppossed to being on the outside of the track, where the least amount of force is being pushed on you. Some of the questions on the assesment did throw me off, I didn't read them correctly at first, like "what way did the PASSENGER go when the vehicle turned right" I just didn't read it correctly. Over all I liked this subject, and hopefully the next subject we learn will be similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment