Monday, April 15, 2013

Week 24

This week, things got very complicated very fast. But no need to fear, Mr. Abud was there. We began learning about Energy, power and work. It was a pretty easy concept to grasp. They all use and need one another to perform their function, but what got me nervous and confused was memerizing and using the formulas to figure out the work and power of certain scenerios given to us. It was very easy for me to confuse the energy formula with the watts formula with the work formula and so on. After out experiment of us running up and down the stairs, it began to make more sense to me, but again, the formulas were still throwing me off. I regrettably didnt go to Mr. Abud for immediate help, as i was struggling with the concepts we learned. Fortunitly though, i managed to get a good nights sleep on Wednesday night and had a good cup of Caribeu Coffee in the morning and on Thursday, i really had a light bulb come on for me. I wont lie, i didnt suddenly become a genius with this stuff, but i think i did much better on the assesment than i would of if i didnt manage to understand the concepts the way i did the day before. The assesment was a little tricky,i was struggling with the last 4 problems due to me mixing up and mistakenly using the wrong formulas for some of the questions, which caused my table to yell at me for taking so long to finish my assesment so they can talk, but atleast i (think) figured it out in the end and hopefully my heavy attention-paying on Thursday paid off. I dont usually get hung up on the concepts in this class, but when it comes to multiple formulas that must be used correctly and with one another, i really was strained. Over all, i found this week very helpful. I learned alot about how energy, power, and work relate and how i can calculate the amount of horse power i have and other objects have during a given time. This information helps alot, and im glad i managed to understand and use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment